1. What Types of Personal Information is Collected by TeXscribe?
We collect and maintain personal information on our Site including:
- Membership Registration Information: We collect the information you supply when you become a Member of the Site, including your username, email address, and the password you select. You may edit this information at any time by logging in. We store passwords in an encrypted fashion, so we will never know your password at any point in time.
- Internet Protocol Address: We log the Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses of individuals that visit our site. An IP address provides general statistical information, including general geographic and demographic information that we use for system administration. More specifically, we use such information to optimize your experience on the Site. IP information is not usually combined with personally identifiable information such as membership registration information. In rare cases, we will do so to protect the Site and its users, and/or to enforce compliance with our Terms and Conditions of Use.
- User Data: TeXscribe stores user data on the Site including folder names, equation names, and LaTeX code. The core service of the Site is to provide easy access to this data from anywhere and on any device. We do not analyze or process this data in any way other than storing, updating, and retrieving equations according to user requests.
2. How Does TeXscribe Use My Personal Information?
We use personal information to provide and enhance services, respond to inquiries, and provide personalized content. Our users' usernames, email addresses, and other information are stored in our database. We may also use your personal information to track user activity so that we may better understand your preferences. We may also use your personal information to contact you about promotions, products, or services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to be contacted with this information, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also use non-personally identifying information to improve the design and content of our site. We may also use this information to analyze site usage.
We only keep your personal information for as long as it remains relevant or as otherwise required by law. We will disclose information we maintain when required to do so by law or where reasonably necessary to protect our rights or a third party's rights, for example, in response to a court order, a subpoena, a request by a law enforcement agency, or to respond to claims that any content violates the right of third parties.
4. Does TeXscribe Give Personal Information to Third Parties?
We will only share your personal information with those who provide services to the Site. Those persons do not have any right to use your personal information beyond what is necessary to assist us. We will not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your personal information to any third party. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our Site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may use a third party credit card payment processing company to bill you for services.
5. Is My Personal Information Secure if I Link to Other Web Sites?
6. How Does TeXscribe Protect My Personal Information?
All personal information is stored in our database. Access to personal information is limited to those individuals who are authorized to use such information for business and administrative purposes. There are some things that you can do to help protect the security of your information, too. For instance, never tell anyone else your password. Also, remember to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you finish using TeXscribe, so that other people using the same computer won't have access to your information.
7. How Does TeXscribe Protect the Privacy of Children?
Our Site and Services are not directed to persons under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at email@example.com. Consistent with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we become aware that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
You can find additional resources for parents and teens about online privacy from the U.S. Federal Trade Commission here (http://www.business.ftc.gov/privacy-and-security/childrens-privacy).
8. Can I Update or Change the Personal Information that TeXscribe has Collected?
Members can access, review, and edit their profile and registration information at any time by logging into their member page, or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
We invite you to contact us with any questions or comments regarding your personal information. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions regarding your privacy.
This page was last updated on 8/23/2015.